Sunday 7 September 2014

Saturday 6th September



To celebrate completing my MA and having exclusive use of the Cow House for a few days, I had a "Private View' of my prints for invited guests. My fellow MA Art and Design students Crystal, Judith, Chao, James and Anita came along and seemed to enjoy their visit.



But of course it was still open for any passing visitors. Vincenza and Leandero were both from Italy. Leandero comes from the big industrial city of Milan in the north. He is in his last year of a PhD in Chemistry at Aston University. His girlfriend Vincenza was here to visit him. She comes from the island of Sicily in the south. She showed me a beautiful photo of Mount Etna which she can see from her home.


 They left me the story of how they came to be visiting Moseley:


"We watched a TV program in Italy about a challenge between bakeries, so we heard about Maison Mayci. We came here, we visited Moseley Park, then we found this little garden and this lovely place. We enjoyed the art exhibition and the muffins. We are glad to pick up a little bit of history about this beautiful village. We are grateful!"

Michael King left a story about the times he has played and recorded songs in Moseley Park.



"Although not born or raised in Moseley, I have had the pleasure of playing and recording in Moseley Park, firstly at the Folk Festival and the latter in the fishing hut. In April 2014 I recorded 2 songs with a violin and cello player on a really wet spring afternoon. The result ended up in 2 tracks recorded live in the hut. The natural reverb and 'atmosphere' was what attracted me to the idea of recording there. The memorabilia and wholesome backdrops I think, can be heard in the recordings."

Michael sent me photos of the musicians recording in the fishing hut and of him and his band 'Boat To Row' playing at Moseley Folk Festival.






1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful photo, thanks a lot! It was nice to meet you. We really appreciated your artworks and your hospitality. Best wishes, Vincenza and Leandro.

    ReplyDelete