Sunday 12 October 2014

Saturday 27th September

This was the last exhibition opening day - for the time being. The Dovecote and Cowhouse close for the winter. The buildings will get too damp in the cold weather to display prints and other material.

I have many more donated stories to be working on over the next few months, so I hope to return in the spring with new prints and perhaps some new venues around the village.


One of my last visitors to leave a story was Luke Holland who is a young community activist. He left me a story about 'guerilla gardening'. He later sent me a photo too.

"The aim was for businesses to adopt the planters, only one was adopted. One chilly evening I went out at 1am and planted out the neglected planter with tomatoes, raspberries, lavender and so on. A few months later others had added to it and to my delight school children from the school opposite were eating their five a day from the planter."


No comments:

Post a Comment